Britain's Financial Times was hacked last week by a mysterious group calling itself the Syrian Electronic Army. The newspaper's technology blog was hacked to display a slogan saying: "Hacked by the Syrian Electronic Army." Several Twitter feeds run by the Financial Times were also plastered with similar slogans. The FT later said its blogs and social media accounts had been compromised ...
The Saudi Arabia state news agency has reported a coordinated attack on the country's government websites. Several government websites in Saudi Arabia came under heavy cyber attacks last week, shutting them down for a short time. The attacks have been traced to IP addresses from a number of countries. Saudi investigators found the attacks had been launched from hundreds of Internet ...
Robot & Frank ," which takes place in the near future, Frank, an elderly man who lives alone, is arguing with his son about going to a medical center for Alzheimer's treatment when the son interrupts him. "I brought you something," he says to Frank. Then the son pulls a large, white humanoid robot from the trunk of his car. Frank watches in disbelief. "You have got ...
If the acquisition takes place, it would be the biggest for Yahoo under Mayer and come in the wake of other pricey deals for startups, such as Facebook's acquisition of the photo app Instagram for stock worth $1 billion at the ...
(Credit: James Martin/CNET) Congress is a dog that won't go for a walk. We can tug at its leash as hard as we want, but it sits in the middle of the sidewalk, barking a defiant "no." It's not a purposeful no. It's just a refusal for the sake of it, couched in principle. Then along comes America's most ambitious politician. No, it's not Paul Ryan or ...
Three Colors: Red (Trois couleurs: Rouge) [Blu-Ray]
Three Colors: Red, the last film in Krzysztof Kielowskis trilogy based around the three ideals of the French national motto--libert, galit, fraternit (liberty, equality, fraternity)--also turned out to be the final film of the great filmmakers career. He announced his ret ... ...
(Credit: Twitter/YouTube Screenshot by Chris Matyszczyk/CNET) Life becomes more meaningful when someone from a long way away reflects your own thoughts. It makes you feel less alone, less forlorn on your island of one. I was, therefore, lifted to heights previously unimagined on hearing that the head of Saudi Arabia's religious police has declared that Twitter is an appalling waste ...
The Wall Street Journal is reporting on Twitter that Yahoo's board has given the green light for the company's $1.1 billion purchase of the blogging ...
I've had a run of bad luck with some of the latest AV receivers' autosetup programs; they set the subwoofer volume way too loud, or misidentified the "sizes" of the speakers (one receiver tagged our ...
The space agency says the Kepler space telescope is having equipment issues. With the mission threatened, we look back at Kepler's mind-expanding search for Earth-like ...
Digiweb will have revenues of over EUR60m this year following the deal, with financiers now estimating the broadband and telecoms firm to be worth nearly EUR120m. Entrepreneur of the Year Piercy will remain as the majority shareholder of digiweb following the deal which has seen Morgan Stanley emerge as the second largest shareholder in the firm. The Wall Street giant is understood to have ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Turtle Bay Resort
This 4 star resort is located on the top of Oahu on the North Shore, and is one of Hawaii's ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Taiwan SunTaiwan Sun – Online Taiwan News Resource
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Taiwan Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Taiwan news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Taiwan news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Taiwan news, the weather forecast for Taiwan you'll find it all in the Taiwan Sun.
From Taipei to Quernoy, the Taiwan Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
A Taiwanese F-16 fighter jet crashed in waters near Chiayi county Wednesday, according to media reports.
The pilot managed to eject from the craft before it crashed and was later rescued. He suffered minor injuries, reports Xinhua.
An engine malfunction may have caused the crash, which occurred during a routine training mission.
- Gwyneth Paltrow a big-time foodie
- Want to try Anglo-Indian food Thirty Nine in Hauz Khas ideal place
- Rahul Gandhi criticises opposition for stalling Food Bill
- Battle over food stamps brews in Washington
- Top restaurants find new rules hard for them to stomach
- Google Americas third political party
- Twitter will damn your soul Saudi cleric says
- Conclusion of the 15th Meeting of GCC Radio Stations Officials
- Yahoo board approves $1.1B acquisition of Tumblr -- WSJ
- Cannes Russias Glavkino Backs Pyotr Buslovs Flip-Out
- Three newspaper employees murdered in Tripura
- Sharif-Kayani meeting is good for Pakistan paper
- Mancini says goodbye to Man City fans with full-page thankful paper ad
- Three stabbed to death in Agartala newspaper office
- Nation Editor on Potential Anthony Weiner NYC Mayoral Bid He Needs a Few More Years in the Wilderness
- Virginia hikers hit by runaway car
- Israel concerned Russian arms will reach enemies
- Syrian bomb disposal experts on high alert
- Iranian spies die in dawn hanging
- Texas takes on large oil firms
- Would a rapid rescore help you get a mortgage
- 5 excuses why people dont save for retirement
- Who can help me get a fair deal on vacant land
- Slide Show 10 countries where people fear for their safety
- Personal Finance Expert Casey Bond Answers Reader Question How Much Should I Save Each Year
- Sino-Indian ties transcend media hype
- Bring back English schools
- All eyes on Najib’s new Cabinet
- No bridge over troubled waters
- Surgery needs pause for thought
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Taiwan Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Ma urges vigilance as heavy rains approach
- Joint investigation talks set to begin today Minister Lin
- Opposition parties boycott cross-strait offices bill
- Mandarin speech competition comes to historical conclusion
- Students show support for Philippine workers