LONDON - China's largest premier commercial property and entertainment conglomerate, Dalian Wanda Group Wednesday entered into 320million pounds definite acquisition deal with leading British yacht company, Sunseeker International Ltd, under which Wanda will acquire a majority shareholding of 91.81% in pre-eminent luxury motor yacht manufacturer. Under the agreement, the remaining 8.19% ...
The first summit between President Xi Jingping and his US counterpart Barack Obama held earlier this month proved very successful, Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said Wednesday. During a telephonic conversation Wednesday with US Secretary of State John Kerry, the Chinese foreign minister also said that President Xi and Obama during the summit in California agreed to build a new model of ...
A series of blasts ripped through a restaurant in China's Shanxi province Wednesday night, killing one person and injuring over 150 others, officials said. The incident took place in a two-storey building housing the restaurant in Shuozhou city, Xinhua reported. Among the 156 injured, dozens are fire fighters who were at the scene when the final blast occurred. Three fire-fighting trucks were ...
China and North Korea Wednesday held a "strategic dialogue" on denuclearisation on the Korean Peninsula. Chinese Vice Foreign Minister Zhang Yesui met his North Korean counterpart Kim Kye Gwan, and told him that it was in the interest of all parties concerned to realise denuclearisation on the peninsula, safeguard its peace and stability and resolve all relevant issues through dialogue and ...
After sending Taufik Hidayat into retirement, India's B. Sai Praneeth caused another big upset by defeating second seed Yun Hu of Hong Kong in the men's singles first round of the Singapore Open Super Series here Wednesday. The 20-year-old Sai, ranked 61 in the world, thrashed World No.4 Hu 21-9, 21-10 in exactly half an hour at the Singapore Indoor Stadium to level his head-to-head to ...
In Monkeybone, Brendan Fraser plays Stu Miley, the mild-mannered creator of a cartoon nightmare knows as Monkeybone. Taking the form of a small, grinning simian with lanky arms and legs and a mouthful of shiny square teeth, the titular creation is a small dollop of pure id mixed in with everyone's worst dreams. He was originally invented as Stu's creative outlet to escape from a cycle ... ...
More than 8,200 people have been arrested in China since a crackdown on food safety crimes was launched in January, authorities said Wednesday. The ministry of public security said police uncovered more than 4,500 cases involving food safety offences and closed about 6,300 workshops and markets that produced or sold illegal food products. Police confiscated more than 150,000 illegal products, ...
The Japan Credit Bureau (JCB), in collaboration with Hua Nan Bank, has announced that it will launch the Nua Nan Bank JCB LOVE TSCC Debit Card in Taiwan in August. It is the first debit card that has an option to be equipped with TSCC, a contactless payment service which can be used as a fare card on trains and buses. The debit card will also be accepted at some shops and restaurants. In ...
The trial of a former official embroiled in a sex tape scandal opened Wednesday in a court in southwest China's Chongqing city. The Chongqing No.1 Intermediate People's Court will hear the case of Lei Zhengfu, former secretary of Chongqing's Beibei district committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC). Lei, who also stands accused of accepting bribes, was dismissed from his post and placed ...
An official in central China's Henan province was executed Tuesday for raping 11 girls, sources said Wednesday. Li Xingong, former deputy secretary general of the Yongcheng city committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC), was arrested in May 2012 on charges of raping several girls starting from the second half of 2011, reported Xinhua. The Shangqiu City Intermediate People's Court later ...
Retired soccer champ David Beckham is in China to build enthusiasm for the game in the world's most populous country, where fans are pretty discouraged at the moment over the poor performance of their national team. The former England international, who became a goodwill ambassador for Chinese soccer earlier this year, arrived in Beijing Monday, two days after China's national squad suffered a ...
Reported in the press
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney
This hotel is located right in the heart of the CBD of Sydney in Jamison Street. The hotel neighbours the ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Taiwan SunTaiwan Sun – Online Taiwan News Resource
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Taiwan Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Taiwan news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Taiwan news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Taiwan news, the weather forecast for Taiwan you'll find it all in the Taiwan Sun.
From Taipei to Quernoy, the Taiwan Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
The Japan Credit Bureau (JCB), in collaboration with Hua Nan Bank, has announced that it will launch the Nua Nan Bank JCB LOVE TSCC Debit Card in Taiwan in August.
It is the first debit card that has an option to be equipped with TSCC, a contactless payment service which can be used as a fare card on trains and buses.
The debit card will also be accepted at some shops and restaurants.
In addition, the Hua Nan Bank JCB LOVE TSCC Debit Card is the first debit Precious Card, the highest status card of JCB in Taiwan, which offers exclusive services, including free airport transportation and special offers at high-end restaurants.
JCB International Co. Ltd. has been expanding business in Taiwan since 1981, and now, has an alliance with 30 partner banks and financial institutions for merchant acquiring and card issuing.
Hua Nan Bank, a partner since 2000, is the largest JCB card issuer in Taiwan.
Kimihisa Imada, Deputy President of JCBI said, "It is a great pleasure to start issuing such a unique card with top JCB card issuer, Hua Nan Bank. While expanding the JCB cardmember base worldwide, we strive to deliver various kinds of products contributing to more convenient consumer lifestyles in each market". ...
- Beetles Housefly Larvae Show Great Potential for Animal Feed Sector
- Africa Must First Tackle Poverty Says Ex-Malawi President
- Over 8000 held for food crimes in China
- Study explains why appetizers matter more when youre dining out with friends
- Hit and run suspect found at McDonalds parking lot
- NBA star turns to Twitter to sells his bulldog
- Elles Robbie Myers on Womens Magazines and Serious Journalism
- Turner Wraps Upfront Business Broadcast Still in Motion
- Twitter acquires Spindle and shows more interest in local discovery
- Facebook weaves new network fabric
- US president plans talks with Russia on reducing nuclear weapons
- Afghanistan to shun US peace talks with Taliban
- Kim Jong-un on 'luxury yacht' in North Korea
- Eight UN aid workers among 15 dead in Somalia militant attack
- Surveillance stopped at least 50 terror attacks, says NSA director
- Money saving air conditioning tips
- Dr. Mirza considers use LED energy-saving light bulbs
- Saving Money on Food Advice From Around the Web
- Personal Finance IRS offers free tax webinar Thursday for small business owners
- 10 things 10 things estate sales won’t tell you
- Urologist cleared over mans 8-month erection post-surgery
- Cisco set to open new centre in Israel
- Stocks slide and Treasury yields spike after Bernanke says Fed could slow its bond purchases
- Preparing for life after Bernanke
- As Chairman Ben Bernanke clarifies Feds moves markets freak
- It’s a crime against women
- 1000 schools with PPSMI
- Bad experience for German tourist
- Regulate energy-intensive industries strictly
- We need a simple affordable gadget with ‘panic button’
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Taiwan Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Nua Nan Bank JCB LOVE TSCC Debit Card to be launched in Taiwan in August
- MLB Roundup Ramirez leaves Taiwan Rodriguez visited by drug probe suspect
- Manny Ramirez leaves Taiwan might head to Japan to continue career
- Manny Ramirez to leave his Taiwanese baseball team
- Must-See Video Taiwanese Animators Take on the Racist Redskins