President Ma Ying-jeou urged people not to underestimate potential damage associated with heavy rainfall. Ma said through his social network page that heavy rainfall in Taiwan is more frightening than strong winds. The Presidential Office said that owing to the weather conditions, the first anniversary of Ma's second inauguration originally scheduled for tomorrow has been canceled, adding ...
TAIPEI, Taiwan -- Although an initial investigative team was rejected by the Philippines, the window for negotiations between the two countries is still open, and the two governments will start joint investigation talks today, according to Foreign Minister David Lin ...
TAIPEI, Taiwan -- Opposition legislators have vowed to continue boycotting a plan by the ruling party to pass new rules enabling the opening of offices by the two representative organizations on each side of the Taiwan ...
TAIPEI, Taiwan -- Radio Taiwan International (RTI, ??????) held its ninth annual Mandarin Speech Contest for Foreign Nationals' finale in Taipei yesterday, with Cleisha-Bernise Springer, an exchange student from Saint Lucia, taking away two prizes including overall ...
TAIPEI--A group of Taiwanese students launched a campaign yesterday to show support for Filipino workers in Taiwan amid growing tensions between the two countries over the killing of a Taiwanese fisherman on May ...
Three Colors: Red (Trois couleurs: Rouge) [Blu-Ray]
Three Colors: Red, the last film in Krzysztof Kielowskis trilogy based around the three ideals of the French national motto--libert, galit, fraternit (liberty, equality, fraternity)--also turned out to be the final film of the great filmmakers career. He announced his ret ... ...
TAIPEI, Taiwan -- CPC Corp., Taiwan has raised domestic diesel prices by a token of NT$0.10 per liter for one week beginning from midnight today but made no adjustments for gasoline ...
TAIPEI, Taiwan -- There was a significant surge in employment opportunities while the number of unemployed people declined in Taipei City during the month of April as jobseekers had an average of 1.64 offers, according to officials at the municipal Department of ...
TAIPEI--The global tablet computer market will continue to witness a price war this year as more brand companies jump onto the affordable tablet bandwagon, according to a local research ...
TAIPEI--Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC Corp. is set to launch a new smartphone in Japan to build on the success of its large-screen J Butterfly phone there, a source familiar with the company said ...
TAIPEI--Taiwan beat Ukraine in the women's team final Sunday in the Shanghai stage of the 2013 Archery World Cup, after upsetting Olympic champions South Korea in the ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Turtle Bay Resort
This 4 star resort is located on the top of Oahu on the North Shore, and is one of Hawaii's ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Taiwan SunTaiwan Sun – Online Taiwan News Resource
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Taiwan Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Taiwan news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Taiwan news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Taiwan news, the weather forecast for Taiwan you'll find it all in the Taiwan Sun.
From Taipei to Quernoy, the Taiwan Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
A Taiwanese F-16 fighter jet crashed in waters near Chiayi county Wednesday, according to media reports.
The pilot managed to eject from the craft before it crashed and was later rescued. He suffered minor injuries, reports Xinhua.
An engine malfunction may have caused the crash, which occurred during a routine training mission.
- Gwyneth Paltrow a big-time foodie
- Want to try Anglo-Indian food Thirty Nine in Hauz Khas ideal place
- Rahul Gandhi criticises opposition for stalling Food Bill
- What do we eat New food map tells us
- Battle over food stamps brews in Washington
- Google Americas third political party
- Twitter will damn your soul Saudi cleric says
- Conclusion of the 15th Meeting of GCC Radio Stations Officials
- Yahoo board approves $1.1B acquisition of Tumblr -- WSJ
- Cannes Russias Glavkino Backs Pyotr Buslovs Flip-Out
- Three newspaper employees murdered in Tripura
- Sharif-Kayani meeting is good for Pakistan paper
- Mancini says goodbye to Man City fans with full-page thankful paper ad
- Newspaper Party bus operating illegally when woman fell out
- Letter to the Editor Some thoughts on Ted Cruz
- Virginia hikers hit by runaway car
- Israel concerned Russian arms will reach enemies
- Syrian bomb disposal experts on high alert
- Iranian spies die in dawn hanging
- Texas takes on large oil firms
- Boom Or Bust Saving Rhode Islands Superman Building
- Would a rapid rescore help you get a mortgage
- 5 excuses why people dont save for retirement
- Who can help me get a fair deal on vacant land
- Slide Show 10 countries where people fear for their safety
- Sino-Indian ties transcend media hype
- Bring back English schools
- All eyes on Najib’s new Cabinet
- No bridge over troubled waters
- Surgery needs pause for thought
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Taiwan Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Ma urges vigilance as heavy rains approach
- Joint investigation talks set to begin today Minister Lin
- Opposition parties boycott cross-strait offices bill
- Mandarin speech competition comes to historical conclusion
- Students show support for Philippine workers