Actress Gwyneth Paltrow loves food and says she has inherited it from her late father. The 41-year-old, married to singer Chris Martin, has often expressed her will to open an eatery and has also emphasised on the importance of eating healthy. "I have always loved food, I was raised by a foodie. I love to cook and eat," Beach magazine quoted Paltrow as saying. The actress credits her love for ...
Indian chefs often experiment with the recipes and ingredients, true! But a spicy and crispy 'Crab Samosa' served with mango chutney is something that would surely make you think about the level of creativity and imagination of the chefs. Also Butter Chicken tandoori Pizza is another example of perfect fusion of Indian and Italian recipes and ingredients. Executive chef Amit Kundal at Thirty ...
Congress Vice President Rahul has criticised the opposition parties for stalling the Food Security Bill in Parliament, and asserted the UPA government was determined to enact the legislation for the benefit of people. "I am sad that the opposition is acting against the interests of the poor Indian...I can understand politics. But I cannot understand political parties hurting the poor of the ...
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. - Do your kids love chocolate milk? It may have more calories on average than you thought. Same goes for soda. Until now, the only way to find out what people in the United States eat and how many calories they consume has been government data, which can lag behind the rapidly expanding and changing food marketplace. Researchers from the University of North Carolina at Chapel ...
A heated battle is brewing on Capitol Hill over cuts to the food stamp program, with lawmakers quoting Bible verses at each other and benefits for millions of people hanging in the balance.Nearly 47 million people – one in seven Americans – rely on food stamps for some or all of their daily ...
Three Colors: Red (Trois couleurs: Rouge) [Blu-Ray]
Three Colors: Red, the last film in Krzysztof Kielowskis trilogy based around the three ideals of the French national motto--libert, galit, fraternit (liberty, equality, fraternity)--also turned out to be the final film of the great filmmakers career. He announced his ret ... ...
/enpproperty--> The government's nationwide clampdown on graft and wasteful spending has left many high-end catering companies with a simple choice: Adapt or die. On Dec 4, China's new leadership issued eight rules to improve officials' working style, which included scrapping extravagant banquets. The effect on exclusive restaurants was felt quickly. A Ministry of Commerce ...
The price of fruit and vegetables in Perth is rising faster than for snacks and confectionery, prompting warnings of a worsening nutrition crisis.Fruit prices rose 18.8 per cent and vegetables 10.7 per cent between September 2010 and March this year, while snack foods and sweets prices rose just 4 per cent, Perth's consumer price index revealed.The figures came as experts said food could ...
The death of an 11-year-old student who was allergic to dairy products after she ate a school lunch in Chofu, Tokyo, in December 2012 has prompted a public discussion of how to prevent similar tragedies at school. To this end, the education ministry in March 2013 instructed boards of education across the nation to take necessary measures. This month, the ministry also plans to establish a panel ...
‘Dinner with Churchill: Policy-Making at the Dinner Table’ by Cita Stelzer Pegasus, 332 pp., $26.95 During World War II, Winston Churchill’s battlefield was the dining room. Armed with his wit, ever-present cigar and flute of bubbly, he lorded over his adversaries and allies as the world’s foremost dinner-table diplomat. Cita Stelzer’s new book, "Dinner with ...
FYI Guy Recent big buzz in Seattle foodie circles: renowned restaurant Din Tai Fung will open a new location at University Village later this year, according to The Seattle Times. The Taiwanese chain, famous for its Shanghai-style soup dumplings, already has a branch in Bellevue that is always packed. The new location will probably have long waits, too, but at least Seattleites won’t have ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Turtle Bay Resort
This 4 star resort is located on the top of Oahu on the North Shore, and is one of Hawaii's ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Taiwan SunTaiwan Sun – Online Taiwan News Resource
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Taiwan Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Taiwan news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Taiwan news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Taiwan news, the weather forecast for Taiwan you'll find it all in the Taiwan Sun.
From Taipei to Quernoy, the Taiwan Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
A Taiwanese F-16 fighter jet crashed in waters near Chiayi county Wednesday, according to media reports.
The pilot managed to eject from the craft before it crashed and was later rescued. He suffered minor injuries, reports Xinhua.
An engine malfunction may have caused the crash, which occurred during a routine training mission.
- Gwyneth Paltrow a big-time foodie
- Want to try Anglo-Indian food Thirty Nine in Hauz Khas ideal place
- Rahul Gandhi criticises opposition for stalling Food Bill
- What do we eat New food map tells us
- Battle over food stamps brews in Washington
- Google Americas third political party
- Twitter will damn your soul Saudi cleric says
- Conclusion of the 15th Meeting of GCC Radio Stations Officials
- Yahoo board approves $1.1B acquisition of Tumblr -- WSJ
- Cannes Russias Glavkino Backs Pyotr Buslovs Flip-Out
- Three newspaper employees murdered in Tripura
- Sharif-Kayani meeting is good for Pakistan paper
- Mancini says goodbye to Man City fans with full-page thankful paper ad
- Newspaper Party bus operating illegally when woman fell out
- Letter to the Editor Some thoughts on Ted Cruz
- Virginia hikers hit by runaway car
- Israel concerned Russian arms will reach enemies
- Syrian bomb disposal experts on high alert
- Iranian spies die in dawn hanging
- Texas takes on large oil firms
- Boom Or Bust Saving Rhode Islands Superman Building
- Would a rapid rescore help you get a mortgage
- 5 excuses why people dont save for retirement
- Who can help me get a fair deal on vacant land
- Slide Show 10 countries where people fear for their safety
- Sino-Indian ties transcend media hype
- Bring back English schools
- All eyes on Najib’s new Cabinet
- No bridge over troubled waters
- Surgery needs pause for thought
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Taiwan Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Ma urges vigilance as heavy rains approach
- Joint investigation talks set to begin today Minister Lin
- Opposition parties boycott cross-strait offices bill
- Mandarin speech competition comes to historical conclusion
- Students show support for Philippine workers