Singer Avril Lavigne, who is engaged to Chad Kroeger, says she is trying to divide her time between work and wedding plans. Lavigne, 27, will soon release her yet-to-be-titled fifth studio collection, and is enjoying every moment with her singer beau. "I've already been planning the wedding. It's just more meetings than usual, more emails, more phone calls. But it's been good," thesun.co.uk ...
Jennifer Lopez is the latest addition to the cast of "The 33", a film based on the story of survival of the miners trapped for more than two months below ground after a mine collapse in northern Chile, The Hollywood Reporter said Monday. J.Lo joins a cast led by Spanish actor Antonio Banderas, who plays Mario Sepulveda, the charismatic miner who earned the nickname "Super Mario" during the ...
Ibero-American films will not compete in the Shanghai International Film Festival, or SIFF, but will be represented with 18 films in Spanish, Portuguese, Galician, Basque and Catalan, among the more than 300 selected for event. Latin presence will therefore show a sharp drop from 2012, up to now the biggest showing by the Ibero-American film industry, when it had two movies competing - Spain's ...
Singer Miley Cyrus admits she isn't fond of her old records, and says she would love to work as a "new artist". "Right now, when people go to iTunes and listen to my old music, it's so irritating to me because I can't just erase that stuff and start over. My last record (2009's EDM-inflected 'Can't be tamed'), I feel so disconnected from (it)! I was 16 or 17 when I made it," showbizspy.com ...
17 June 2013 150 Warning that the centrifugal force of the Syria crisis continues to imperil the region, a senior United Nations agency official today said that more than half of the Palestinian refugee camps in Syria have become "theatres of war," where killings and kidnappings have become the norm. According to the Commissioner-General of the UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine ...
Magnificient Obsession [DVD]
Based on a sermon masquerading as a sudsy (and, from what Ive heard, practically unreadable) 1929 novel by minister-turned-writer Lloyd C. Douglas, Magnificent Obsession was not the first Hollywood film directed by German migr Douglas Sirk, but it was the first ... ...
Dannii Minogue set the rumor mills rolling that she is planning to re-launch her music career, when she was spotted holding hand-written song lyrics. The Aussie singer was spotted with the notes in an LA street, the Sun reported. The former 'X Factor' judge, 41, has not released a single track since 2007. ...
'Big Brother' star Sallie Axl has waged a sex war against Tulisa by branding the singer "crap in bed". The tattooed blonde admitted that she despises the 'N-Dubz' star since they supposedly clashed on a trip to Marbella, Southern Spain, the Daily Star reported. Axl bashed the former 'X Factor' judge, in a late-night angry outburst, and branded her as a complete dud between the sheets. The ...
Amy Adams has confessed that she was not confident enough after her first breakthrough as Hollywood glitz and glamour was quite different from her past in the Mormon Church. She revealed that she grew up as a Mormon and that had more of an impact on her values than her beliefs, the Sun reported. The 38-year-old star said that she choked and felt a lot of pressure after reaching at the ...
Obama Arrives in L.A. to Hit the Hollywood ATM The POTUS’ interview was filmed Sunday and aired Monday night, addressing the National Security Agency controversy, Syria, Iran, China and hacking threats. Obama called the controversial, big brother-like surveillance programs "transparent," maintaining that the programs were not at risk of being abused by government officials. He ...
all took the NBC reality hit's stage for their final performance show on Monday night, singing their hearts out to be crowned season four's winner. But they weren't ...
Reported in the press
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Waldorf-Astoria Hotel New York
I clambered up the stairs with my luggage whilst two bell attendants chatted away. I entered the huge lobby of ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Taiwan SunTaiwan Sun – Online Taiwan News Resource
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Taiwan Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Taiwan news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Taiwan news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Taiwan news, the weather forecast for Taiwan you'll find it all in the Taiwan Sun.
From Taipei to Quernoy, the Taiwan Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Taiwanese President Ma Ying-jeou has said Taipei, Tokyo and Beijing should engage in a three-way dialogue on resource development on the Senkaku Islands in the East China Sea.
In an interview on Thursday, Ying-jeou the three countries should shelve their sovereignty dispute over the Japan-controlled islets.
According to the Japan times, Ying-jeou said the East China Sea Peace Initiative is not designed for one single party or two, but for three.
He added that a peaceful resolution to the dispute will benefit all the three countries.
He said he would never attempt to start trilateral talks before "bilateral negotiations bear fruit," adding that trilateral talks are currently "unfeasible."
Ma said bilateral talks could serve as a basis for future trilateral talks on joint resource development.
According to the report, the Japanese-administered Senkaku Islands are known as Tiaoyutai in Taiwan and Diaoyu in China, both of which claim the islets Japan put under its control in 1895. (ANI)
- High-fat diet during pregnancy linked to offsprings increased weight
- Higher food inflation upping overall inflation RBI
- Jicama adds healthy crunch to summer dishes
- Unattended food cited in home fire
- US DPRK not facing food crisis
- News with a difference promised by Al Jazeera in US avatar
- Obama Talks NSA on Charlie Rose Americans Not Getting the Complete Story
- Call the Midwife Season Three to Be Directed Exclusively By Women
- Microsoft Builds Its Own iAd for Windows 8 Apps
- Yes Futurama Is Really Cancelled
- UK foreign officials including Medvedev spied at 2009 G20 meetings
- Tabloid world awaits K-childs first pic
- Assad Warns Europe Will Pay the Price for Arming Rebels
- India-born Amol Rajan is editor of Londons The Independent
- Jessanne Collins reminisces her editing days as editor of Playgirl in new ebook
- Escalating civil war in Syria major focus of G8 summit
- US cool over North Korea's latest talks offer
- Prime minister of Czech Republic quits over aide scandal
- UK foreign officials including Medvedev spied at 2009 G20 meetings
- Putin refutes allegation he stole Super Bowl ring
- Holden in cost-saving talks with South Australian staff
- Ambow setback teaches Baring a lesson in China investing
- How the Triborough Bridge led me to an investing epiphany
- Bucks Blog Can the Rich and Powerful Redefine Life for All of Us
- The missing bond funds in your 401
- Chidambaram for mobilisation of resources from insurance and pension sector for IDFs
- Pak senators call for civilian control over surreptitious intelligence agencies
- Increase production of oil and coal restrict gold consumption says Chidambaram
- Obese male mice father offspring with higher levels of body fat
- Japans ORIX acquires over 25 percent share of MEDGULF insurance firm
- Bikers are Kings of the roads in Penang
- Combating corruption in Malaysia
- Enjoy Jakarta in Kuala Lumpur
- Man to watch in Indonesia
- Allow MPs to work without fear or favour
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Taiwan Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Compal Communications expected to rebound on Nokia orders
- MediaTek MStar shares down on merger postponement
- Taiwan eyeing African markets to boost exports
- U.S. stance on Taiwan unchanged after Obama-Xi summit envoy
- Chinese mainland to send 3 red pandas to Taiwan