Work began on Monday on the development of a man-made island in Dubai, 500 metres directly opposite the Jumeirah Beach Residence complex. To be known as Bluewaters Island, the new development will house five star hotels and resorts, al fresco dining and entertainment zones, and residential apartments and villas. The focal point of the island city, which will cost $1.6 billion, will be a 688 ...
Asserting that India is a complete film making destination Union Tourism Minister K. Chiranjeevi has offered wide opportunities to foreign film producers in the country. Speaking at the Cannes International Film Festival at Cannes, France, yesterday, the Minister said " We try constantly for creating new opportunities for the international filmmakers, to access diverse Indian locations, and ...
Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh has taken a decision to award minor penalty of censure to four officers of DGCA namely James George, Assistant Director (Airworthiness), V.P. Massey, Director (Airworthiness), R.K. Yadav, Assistant Director (Airworthiness) and Rajiv Gaur, Assistant Director (AE) for non-intimation of employment of their dependents in the private airlines or any sector under ...
Economic activity associated with tourism grew 4 percent in 2012 compared with the year before, Mexico's INEGI statistics service said. Spending by foreign and domestic tourists increased by 4.7 percent last year. In the fourth quarter of 2012, tourism activity topped the same period in 2011 by 4 percent, INEGI said Monday. By segments, spending by domestic tourists rose 4.8 percent, while ...
MUSCAT, Oman - In response to the directives of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said to convert Sultan Qaboos Port into a tourist port, Dr Ahmed bin Salim Al Futaisi, Minister of Transport and Communications, announced Sunday, the approval of the master plan for the development of the port for tourism and for the establishment of a specialised company that will act as a developer for the project. ...
I have the feeling that if Stephen King wrote a book about toilet paper, someone would try to make a movie about it. At this point, Kings novels, short stories, or original screenplays have been the basis for more than 75 movies, ranging from near-masterpieces (Brian De Palmas Carrie and Stanley Kubricks The Shining), to the virtually unwatchable (Kings only directorial effort, M ... ...
Economy-class passengers on the new route, which will initially use an Airbus 340, will be charged about 5,500 yuan ($895.4) for return tickets up to the end of ...
Medical tourism has been brought to the fore with renewed optimism and a host of projects as announced by the Dubai Health Authority (DHA) on Sunday. The projects are part of the authority's strategy for 2013-2025, which build on His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai's long-term sustainable development ...
pilot s have been told that until Sept 30, those who quit may have their bonds waived. The usual payback for leaving before serving the seven-year work bond can be more than S$250,000 ...
China's tourist industry has been urged by a senior official to promote practices of good faith. Liu Qibao, head of the Publicity Department of the Communist Party of China Central Committee, made the comment during a four-day inspection tour, that ended on Monday, in south China's Guangdong and Hainan provinces. When visiting Hainan, a popular tourist destination, Liu urged for ...
India will mandate that all firms offering internet telephony, including Skype owned by software giant Microsoft, must set up a server in the ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Sheraton Yankee Trader Hotel, Fort Lauderdale Beach
I had mixed feelings coming back to this old hotel. I had been staying there on-and-off for 20 years, and ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Taiwan SunTaiwan Sun – Online Taiwan News Resource
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Taiwan Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Taiwan news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Taiwan news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Taiwan news, the weather forecast for Taiwan you'll find it all in the Taiwan Sun.
From Taipei to Quernoy, the Taiwan Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Chinese Taipei's Chen Chien-An and Chuang Chih-Yuan upset Hao Shuai and Ma Lin from China to win the men's doubles title at the World Table Tennis Championships here.
Chen and Chuang fought back from one game down to win three in a row but Ma, former Olympic Champion, and Hao Shuai took the fifth before the Chinese Taipei tandem sealed the victory Sunday by taking the sixth 11-8, reports Xinhua.
This was the second event that China failed to win at the World Championships following the mixed doubles and the third title they have lost since the 2003 worlds in Paris.
China cleanswept all five titles from 2005 to 2011 at all World Championships.
- Subsidy Reform Dispute Imperils Moroccos Ruling Coalition
- Balis top 5 authentic restaurants
- The rise of food swapping
- The audacious plan to end hunger with 3-D printed food
- Elephant Meat Bound For Fresno Seized At Airport
- Customers not as happy with iPhone as they were last year
- Uganda Police Shut Newspapers Radio Stations Over Political Controversy
- Flickrs 1TB for photos is great but how about a smart shoebox
- One of the Few in Hollywood Who Can Say ‘No’ to Harvey Weinstein
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- Uganda to Continue Leaked Letter Investigation Says Official
- Unidentified assailants attack office of Tripura daily kill three
- New revelations of US government spying on the press
- Video Gawker editor addresses Ford allegations
- Uganda Police Shut Newspapers Radio Stations Over Political Controversy
- Ignoring warnings North Korea continues to fire projectiles
- India and China agree to boost trade and paper over border differences
- Former Pakistani military dictator Musharraf granted bail
- Over 60 killed in Iraq terror attacks
- 23 militants of Hezbollah group killed in clash with Syrian rebels
- Yahoo Board approves billion-dollar deal to buy Tumblr
- Curb ads for payday loans urges poverty minister
- Simon Read Credit unions can help beat expensive payday lenders
- Pregnant Salvadoran woman Beatriz seeks life-saving abortion in El Salvador
- 10 tips for taking out a personal loan
- Morgan Stanley to sell Indian private banking arm to StanChart
- Bank mergers could lead to too-big-to-fail entities Chidambaram
- Indigenous culture youth among key topics as UN permanent forum opens 12th session
- Russia needs 3 to 5 years for an efficient economy
- British economy in modest recovery central bank governor
- The best ways to national unity
- Leadership and nation building
- A tale of two Islamist parties
- A lose-lose situation indeed
- No real efforts to nab the culprits
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Taiwan Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Chinese Taipei win mens doubles TT title
- Heavy rain alert around Taiwan
- Weak export orders unlikely to spur interest rate move bank
- Shares of Largan higher on earnings outlook but gains capped
- Taiwan networkingcommunication device makers see decreasing profit-to-RD spending ratio