Michelle Obama, who headed to Belfast for this year's G8 summit, is facing backlash on Twitter for her fringes. Onlookers apparently were more concerned with the ill-received styling of her bangs than her speech, the Huffington Post reported. The first lady seems to be growing out her blunt trim and transitioning it to a side-swept ...
A new Twitter account that re-imagines Taylor Swift as a feminist has amassed 80,000 followers in six days The account, FeministTaylorSwift (@feministtswift), is the brainchild of self-proclaimed feminist and Taylor Swift fan Clara Beyer, who is the senior linguistics major at Brown University, ABC News reported. She studied the pop star's lyrics with a feminist slant while addressing issues ...
With the growing mobility of internet, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg discussed potential partnership with Samsung company's president Shin Jong Kyun during Mark Zuckerberg's Asia tour. According to Bloomberg report, the partnership would reportedly focus on advancing mobile-advertising sales. Facebook has been strongly encouraging advertising on mobile. In April, Facebook Home had been ...
Helen Flanagan was held hostage by armed raiders at her 2.8million dollars home after divulging on Twitter that she was home alone as her boyfriend was away on holiday. The former 'Coronation Street' star was traumatised by the late-night ordeal hours after she tweeted that she was missing her beau, Scott Sinclair, the Sun reported. She reportedly told a friend that she could have been ...
Facebook employees have given bizarre answers to a question posted by a question-and-answer website Quora. Quora created, edited and organized by its community of users, had asked a question 'worst thing about working at Facebook' to which the social media giant's employees gave varied and interesting answers. The responses included praise for the free food and drinks prepared by renowned ...
In Monkeybone, Brendan Fraser plays Stu Miley, the mild-mannered creator of a cartoon nightmare knows as Monkeybone. Taking the form of a small, grinning simian with lanky arms and legs and a mouthful of shiny square teeth, the titular creation is a small dollop of pure id mixed in with everyone's worst dreams. He was originally invented as Stu's creative outlet to escape from a cycle ... ...
Internet corporation Yahoo has followed the league of technological companies in publishing reports about 'snoop data' requests made by the US government. According to the Guardian, Yahoo has revealed that it had received 12,000-13,000 requests, inclusive of criminal, Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), and other requests by the government between 1 December 2012 and 31 May ...
The Australian Defence Force (ADF) has been hit with another round of scandal when some of its serving and former personnel were found to be linked with sexist and anti-Muslim posts on Facebook pages. In the earlier scandal, some of the ADF personnel including senior officers who called themselves the 'Jedi Council' were recently involved in a sex email affair, which was perceived as even ...
TAMPA -- Busch Gardens recently welcomed three lion cubs to the park, a boy and three girls. After a weeklong poll, 6,000 Busch Gardens Tampa Facebook fans voted to name the two lion cub sisters. The winning names for the three-month-old cubs are Shaba, meaning "brazen", and Shtuko, meaning "twitch." The Busch Gardens animal care team has started introducing the cubs ...
He tweeted Tuesday: "Hey I have a English bulldog and he to big to be around my youngest child he 10 months got his papers and he got a micro ...
What's more, brands are going to be able to respond to consumers' Facebook comments with images of their own, per a source close to the ...
Reported in the press
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney
This hotel is located right in the heart of the CBD of Sydney in Jamison Street. The hotel neighbours the ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Taiwan SunTaiwan Sun – Online Taiwan News Resource
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Taiwan Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Taiwan news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Taiwan news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Taiwan news, the weather forecast for Taiwan you'll find it all in the Taiwan Sun.
From Taipei to Quernoy, the Taiwan Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
The Japan Credit Bureau (JCB), in collaboration with Hua Nan Bank, has announced that it will launch the Nua Nan Bank JCB LOVE TSCC Debit Card in Taiwan in August.
It is the first debit card that has an option to be equipped with TSCC, a contactless payment service which can be used as a fare card on trains and buses.
The debit card will also be accepted at some shops and restaurants.
In addition, the Hua Nan Bank JCB LOVE TSCC Debit Card is the first debit Precious Card, the highest status card of JCB in Taiwan, which offers exclusive services, including free airport transportation and special offers at high-end restaurants.
JCB International Co. Ltd. has been expanding business in Taiwan since 1981, and now, has an alliance with 30 partner banks and financial institutions for merchant acquiring and card issuing.
Hua Nan Bank, a partner since 2000, is the largest JCB card issuer in Taiwan.
Kimihisa Imada, Deputy President of JCBI said, "It is a great pleasure to start issuing such a unique card with top JCB card issuer, Hua Nan Bank. While expanding the JCB cardmember base worldwide, we strive to deliver various kinds of products contributing to more convenient consumer lifestyles in each market". ...
- Beetles Housefly Larvae Show Great Potential for Animal Feed Sector
- Africa Must First Tackle Poverty Says Ex-Malawi President
- Over 8000 held for food crimes in China
- Study explains why appetizers matter more when youre dining out with friends
- Hit and run suspect found at McDonalds parking lot
- Twitter acquires Spindle and shows more interest in local discovery
- Facebook weaves new network fabric
- Senators Press FCC to Move On Sports Blackout Issue
- Kodak Bankruptcy Company Seeks Court Approval for $406 Million Rights Offering
- Wikia Reveals How the Popularity of Arrested Development Stacks Up
- US president plans talks with Russia on reducing nuclear weapons
- Afghanistan to shun US peace talks with Taliban
- Kim Jong-un on 'luxury yacht' in North Korea
- Eight UN aid workers among 15 dead in Somalia militant attack
- Surveillance stopped at least 50 terror attacks, says NSA director
- Money saving air conditioning tips
- Dr. Mirza considers use LED energy-saving light bulbs
- Saving Money on Food Advice From Around the Web
- Personal Finance IRS offers free tax webinar Thursday for small business owners
- 10 things 10 things estate sales won’t tell you
- Urologist cleared over mans 8-month erection post-surgery
- Cisco set to open new centre in Israel
- Stocks slide and bond yields rise after Bernanke says Fed could slow its bond purchases
- Bernanke May Have Just Made the Jobs Report More of a Circus
- State Late Tippecanoe Valley treasurer took $279000
- Chen misread Washington politics
- For Syrian Kurds camp offers wildly different fates
- China says it just wants to be friends
- Defiant Putin sets himself up as G-8 outsider
- Filipinos helped make Malaysia what she is too
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Taiwan Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Nua Nan Bank JCB LOVE TSCC Debit Card to be launched in Taiwan in August
- MLB Roundup Ramirez leaves Taiwan Rodriguez visited by drug probe suspect
- Manny Ramirez leaves Taiwan might head to Japan to continue career
- Manny Ramirez to leave his Taiwanese baseball team
- Must-See Video Taiwanese Animators Take on the Racist Redskins