LONDON - China's largest premier commercial property and entertainment conglomerate, Dalian Wanda Group Wednesday entered into 320million pounds definite acquisition deal with leading British yacht company, Sunseeker International Ltd, under which Wanda will acquire a majority shareholding of 91.81% in pre-eminent luxury motor yacht manufacturer. Under the agreement, the remaining 8.19% ...
BRUSSELS - European Union in its first case over pay-for-delay deals that held back sales of cheaper generic drugs Wednesday fined Danish pharmaceutical company Lundbeck 93.8 million euros and imposed fines totaling 52.2 million euros on several other producers of generic medicines. The European Commission, the EU's antitrust regulator, said the companies had reached agreements that may ...
NEW YORK - Chrysler avoided a showdown with the US government by agreeing to recall 2.7 million Jeeps with fuel tanks that could rupture and cause fires in rear-end collisions. Chrysler said it recognised the matter had raised concerns for customers The US company said it had resolved its differences with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The recall affects ...
WASHINGTON - Four of the largest U.S. mortgage servicers, including Citigroup Inc (C). and Bank of America Corp., have failed to adequately upgrade their treatment of customers in danger of foreclosure, according to a court-appointed monitor. Bank of America, Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo have failed to adhere to some of the new standards set out in a landmark settlement meant to ...
MADRID - Spain risks high joblessness and sluggish growth for years unless its government together with Europe takes "urgent action' to generate growth and jobs, the International Monetary Fund stated Wednesday. "While there are signs the economic contraction may end soon, the outlook remains difficult," IMF said in its annual assessment of the Spanish economy. "But unemployment remains ...
Enemy of the State
"Enemy of the State," Tony Scott's new paranoid government conspiracy thriller, could have just as easily been titled "The Conversation II" if they'd simply purchased the rights from Francis Ford Coppola. This movie plays like a 90's updating of Coppola's 1974 classic that dealt with surveillance, the erosion of privacy, and the escalating paranoia that you can never completely be alone because so ... ...
Internet corporation Yahoo has followed the league of technological companies in publishing reports about 'snoop data' requests made by the US government. According to the Guardian, Yahoo has revealed that it had received 12,000-13,000 requests, inclusive of criminal, Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), and other requests by the government between 1 December 2012 and 31 May ...
Shares in mining equipment supplier Emeco Holdings have fallen sharply today to a four-and-a-half year low after the company downgraded its profit forecast for the second time in two months. The company said it expects to report an operating profit after tax in the range of $35 to $36 million, for the year to June ...
A new Minnesota Poll shows that 61 percent of Minnesotans rated their financial situation as good or excellent in June, a huge jump from February, when 45 percent gave their finances positive marks. An additional 29 percent rated their finances as fair, while 8 percent said their finances are ...
Years of talk about cutting the price of sequencing a human genome to $1,000 has made one prominent genomics guru more than a little cranky. Mick ...
Brooklyn-based MakerBot hit the jackpot.The 3D-printer maker, which just opened fancy waterfront industrial digs, was acquired by another giant in the industry, Stratasys.MakerBot, co-founded by Bre Pettis, sold for more than $400 million. Stratasys is paying for the merger by issuing 4.76 million new shares.The deal includes incentives for another $200 million in earn-outs.MakerBot, which is ...
Reported in the press
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney
This hotel is located right in the heart of the CBD of Sydney in Jamison Street. The hotel neighbours the ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Taiwan SunTaiwan Sun – Online Taiwan News Resource
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Taiwan Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Taiwan news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Taiwan news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Taiwan news, the weather forecast for Taiwan you'll find it all in the Taiwan Sun.
From Taipei to Quernoy, the Taiwan Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
The Japan Credit Bureau (JCB), in collaboration with Hua Nan Bank, has announced that it will launch the Nua Nan Bank JCB LOVE TSCC Debit Card in Taiwan in August.
It is the first debit card that has an option to be equipped with TSCC, a contactless payment service which can be used as a fare card on trains and buses.
The debit card will also be accepted at some shops and restaurants.
In addition, the Hua Nan Bank JCB LOVE TSCC Debit Card is the first debit Precious Card, the highest status card of JCB in Taiwan, which offers exclusive services, including free airport transportation and special offers at high-end restaurants.
JCB International Co. Ltd. has been expanding business in Taiwan since 1981, and now, has an alliance with 30 partner banks and financial institutions for merchant acquiring and card issuing.
Hua Nan Bank, a partner since 2000, is the largest JCB card issuer in Taiwan.
Kimihisa Imada, Deputy President of JCBI said, "It is a great pleasure to start issuing such a unique card with top JCB card issuer, Hua Nan Bank. While expanding the JCB cardmember base worldwide, we strive to deliver various kinds of products contributing to more convenient consumer lifestyles in each market". ...
- Beetles Housefly Larvae Show Great Potential for Animal Feed Sector
- Africa Must First Tackle Poverty Says Ex-Malawi President
- Over 8000 held for food crimes in China
- Study explains why appetizers matter more when youre dining out with friends
- 2 hotpot restaurants named on Shanghais first food safety blacklist
- Sony Shareholders Press CEO on Proposed Hollywood Sell-Off
- Rockmelt launches Android app with enhanced navigation
- James Gandolfini is Dead at 51
- Lawyer brilliantly bites township trying to shut his clients site
- Oz the Great and Powerful Tops Home Entertainment Charts
- Independent Publishing Houses in Mexico Promote Democratization of Books at Annual Fair
- Introducing the Maqetta HTML5 Editor
- Michael Hastings Wife Obliterates New York Times For Dismissive Obituary
- Washington Post guest writer asks can faith prevent teen pregnancy
- Michael Hastings Popped The Press Bubble From The Campaign Trail To The Front Lines
- US president plans talks with Russia on reducing nuclear weapons
- Afghanistan to shun US peace talks with Taliban
- Irish public support attack on U.S. president and family
- Kim Jong-un on 'luxury yacht' in North Korea
- Eight UN aid workers among 15 dead in Somalia militant attack
- Couponers Share Saving Tips
- Life-saving catch made by daughter of ex-Yankee manager Joe Torre in Bay Ridge
- Five questions about Credit unions
- MarketWatch Options Trader In focus A volatile trading range
- National Debt Relief Points out the Negative Effects of a Low Credit Score
- It’s a crime against women
- 1000 schools with PPSMI
- Bad experience for German tourist
- Regulate energy-intensive industries strictly
- We need a simple affordable gadget with ‘panic button’
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Taiwan Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Nua Nan Bank JCB LOVE TSCC Debit Card to be launched in Taiwan in August
- U.S. Senate passes bill backing Taiwans ICAO role
- Sell-off in Taiwan shares triggered by Fed statement
- SEF heads vows to seek more benefits in talks with China
- Taiwan negotiators head to mainland for cross-Straits talks