The iconic Industrial Trust Tower, knows as "The Superman building," stands in downtown Providence, R.I. The Art Deco-style skyscraper, the tallest in the state, lost its last tenant when the bank's lease expired in ...
When getting a mortgage, "rapid rescore" is a phrase worth knowing.Credit scores ebb and flow as information is updated to the credit report. While the rapid rescore has "been around forever," the concept of quickly updating a credit history -- and getting a new credit score based on that newly updated file -- has gained traction in the last few years, says Linda Davidson, a ...
The list of excuses for why it's impossible to save for retirement is endless. Some people may be just getting started in their careers, making small starting salaries. Others may be stay-at-home parents with no earned income. Everyone is juggling a plethora of different financial goals, of which retirement is just one. And those who are midway through their careers and who have ...
Dear Real Estate Adviser, I'd like to buy a home in a nearby town but I can't find what I want in my price range. So I'm exploring the idea of building a home, though I'm told the community is "built out" as far as subdivisions go. I see random lots for sale, but I hesitate to buy without knowing more. Realtors only want to sell existing homes, it seems. Who can ...
Last year, more than two-thirds of all people surveyed said they felt safe walking alone at night, according to a Gallup poll conducted in 134 countries. But in 31 countries, less than half the population felt this way. Internal conflict and repressive regimes are marked problems in many of countries where citizens feel unsafe. Some of the nations are among the world's poorest. Others have ...
The Decameron (Il Decameron) [Blu-Ray]
The Decameron (Il Decameron), the first of the three films that would come to be known as Pier Paolo Pasolinis Trilogy of Life, is based on nine stories from the canonical 14th-century work of the same name by Giovanni Boccaccio. Pasolini discarded the frame story of seven ... ...
http://www.GoBankingRates.com , readers pose their personal finance questions to get solutions and practical advice. In its latest installment, expert Casey Bond shares her perspective on creating saving habits, answering the question: "Is there a percent of my income I should be saving every ...
Simon Read is Personal Finance Editor at The Independent. He edits the Saturday Your Money section as well as writing for the news and business pages of the Independent and i ...
NEED VS WANT. Personal finance guru advices people to live below their means. Photo by Aya Lowe/Rappler MANILA, Philippines - Stop wasting money on cosmetics and boy toys, personal finance guru Suze Orman told a crowd of bankers and media on her most recent visit to the Philippines. Orman said women spend way too much money on cosmetics, from the expensive shampoo they buy when they visit a ...
A 25-year-old from Essex is hoping that his new website will offer a solution for people stuck in the vicious circle of payday lending. That's when they can't afford to repay their loan on time and are forced to take out another loan to cover the spiralling interest and ...
The battle between credit card companies striving to offer the longest zero per cent term for balance transfers shows no sign of fizzling out. The latest moves in this field means that it's now possible to borrow interest-free for 26 months if you meet the credit scoring ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Turtle Bay Resort
This 4 star resort is located on the top of Oahu on the North Shore, and is one of Hawaii's ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Taiwan SunTaiwan Sun – Online Taiwan News Resource
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Taiwan Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Taiwan news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Taiwan news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Taiwan news, the weather forecast for Taiwan you'll find it all in the Taiwan Sun.
From Taipei to Quernoy, the Taiwan Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
About 10,000 Taiwanese took to the streets here Sunday to protest against further development of nuclear power on the island.
The demonstration was launched by an environmental protection organisation to protest the construction of a new nuclear power plant, which will be the fourth plant on the island, Xinhua reported.
Protestors waived banners and flags that read messages like "No Nuclear Power" and "We Don't Want Another Fukushima" during the demonstration.
Taiwan presently has three nuclear power plants in operation. The construction of the fourth plant was decided by the Taiwan Power Company during the 1980s, but the project has drawn public flak and caused a controversy.
- Menu labeling lowers caloric intake
- Gwyneth Paltrow a big-time foodie
- Want to try Anglo-Indian food Thirty Nine in Hauz Khas ideal place
- New Zealand suspends meat exports to China amid confusion over authority name change
- IHT Rendezvous ‘Cadmium Rice’ Is China’s Latest Food Scandal
- Financial Times allegedly hacked by Syrians
- Cannes Kurt Russell Peter Sarsgaard to Star in Bone Tomahawk
- Cannes Catching Fire Star Sam Claflin Joins Lone Sherfigs Posh
- The 5 Time Slot Showdowns Will Look Like This
- USA Today Takes Its Ad Meter Beyond the Super Bowl
- Virginia hikers hit by runaway car
- Israel concerned Russian arms will reach enemies
- Syrian bomb disposal experts on high alert
- Iranian spies die in dawn hanging
- Texas takes on large oil firms
- Boom Or Bust Saving Rhode Islands Superman Building
- Would a rapid rescore help you get a mortgage
- 5 excuses why people dont save for retirement
- Who can help me get a fair deal on vacant land
- Slide Show 10 countries where people fear for their safety
- Price of oil falls below $96 per barrel as traders await data Fed chief Bernankes speech
- S. Korea to monitor financial market conditions amid DPRK risks
- HSBC downgrades ITC to ‘neutral’ post Q4 results
- College a bad financial bet for some study says
- Egypt Central Bank delivers blow after blow to investors
- Looking forward with a new hope
- All a-flutter over beauty queens
- Politics killing the earth
- Let’s have high standards of the 50s and 60s
- Focus on the real issues in our society
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Taiwan Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Thousands of Taiwanese protest n-power project
- Second Taiwanese fighter crash within a week
- Fighter jet crashes into sea off Taiwan
- Air Force pilots eject to safety in Mirage jet crash
- Another Taiwan Mirage crashes