China in each other's territories will be "neutral" organizations that will be an important part of the infrastructure in cross-Taiwan Strait relations. Ma said the offices will show the need for the two sides to manage and help the 8 million people who travel across the strait every year and trade activities that are ...
Taipei, June 20 (CNA) Staying up late and poor handling of stress could aggregate skin aging, local doctors warned Thursday. Cheng Hui-wen, a dermatologist at the Shu-Tien Urology and Ophthalmology Clinic, said a 35-year-old patient of hers showed symptoms of dark spots, deepening lines and wrinkles that are more common among older people. Upon examining the patient's lifestyle, Cheng found ...
Taipei, June 20 (CNA) The U.S. dollar rose against the Taiwan dollar Thursday, gaining NT$0.20 to close at the day's high of NT$30.160. Turnover ...
Taipei, June 20 (CNA) The Taipei city government unveiled a series of design proposals Thursday that are aimed at improving Taipei's living environment and promoting Taiwanese designs around the world. Among the 24 proposals, which will receive subsidies from the city government, are plans to tackle common urban problems in the areas of transportation, health, environmental protection and ...
HTC has unveiled an updated version of its Butterfly family smartphone, the HTC Butterfly S, as well as a midrange model, the HTC Desire 600, initially for the Taiwan market. The two models will be available starting June ...
On the narrative level, Taken is a fairly routine action thriller about a retired CIA operative who is forced to break out his tools and flex his old skills when his virginal teenage daughter is kidnapped abroad by human traffickers. There is little to distinguish it from dozens of interchang ... ...
ViewSonic will launch 1080p 3D projectors in the Taiwan market by the end of 2013 at retail prices of about NT$32,900 (US$1,097) and expects the proportion of all projectors that are Full HD models to rise from 10-15% currently to ...
Hewlett-Packard (HP) CEO Meg Whitman is set to visit China and Taiwan in the near future to promote its businesses and meet with upstream suppliers and partners, according to the ...
by Madoka Fukuda Japan and Taiwan concluded a fisheries agreement in April 2013. In Japan, there has been a tendency to stress that this agreement will drive a wedge into cooperation between mainland China and Taiwan and serve to contain China, but does the significance of this agreement really go no further than this? Given that talks were underway for 17 years, why had the Japan-Taiwan ...
President Benigno Aquino III has yet to decide whether or not to approve the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI)'s recommendation to file charges against Philippine Coast Guard personnel involved in the fatal shooting of a Taiwanese fisherman in disputed waters off northern Philippines last month. In an interview Thursday, Aquino said still has to study the voluminous NBI report on the ...
Taipei, June 20 (CNA) The production value of Taiwan's integrated circuit (IC) packaging and testing sector for 2013 is expected to grow more than 9 percent from a year earlier on the back of the rising popularity of smartphones and tablet computers, according to a research report published Thursday. In the report, the Industrial Economics and Knowledge Center (IEK) said the output of the ...
Reported in the press
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney
This hotel is located right in the heart of the CBD of Sydney in Jamison Street. The hotel neighbours the ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Taiwan SunTaiwan Sun – Online Taiwan News Resource
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Taiwan Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Taiwan news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Taiwan news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Taiwan news, the weather forecast for Taiwan you'll find it all in the Taiwan Sun.
From Taipei to Quernoy, the Taiwan Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
The Japan Credit Bureau (JCB), in collaboration with Hua Nan Bank, has announced that it will launch the Nua Nan Bank JCB LOVE TSCC Debit Card in Taiwan in August.
It is the first debit card that has an option to be equipped with TSCC, a contactless payment service which can be used as a fare card on trains and buses.
The debit card will also be accepted at some shops and restaurants.
In addition, the Hua Nan Bank JCB LOVE TSCC Debit Card is the first debit Precious Card, the highest status card of JCB in Taiwan, which offers exclusive services, including free airport transportation and special offers at high-end restaurants.
JCB International Co. Ltd. has been expanding business in Taiwan since 1981, and now, has an alliance with 30 partner banks and financial institutions for merchant acquiring and card issuing.
Hua Nan Bank, a partner since 2000, is the largest JCB card issuer in Taiwan.
Kimihisa Imada, Deputy President of JCBI said, "It is a great pleasure to start issuing such a unique card with top JCB card issuer, Hua Nan Bank. While expanding the JCB cardmember base worldwide, we strive to deliver various kinds of products contributing to more convenient consumer lifestyles in each market". ...
- Beetles Housefly Larvae Show Great Potential for Animal Feed Sector
- Africa Must First Tackle Poverty Says Ex-Malawi President
- Over 8000 held for food crimes in China
- Study explains why appetizers matter more when youre dining out with friends
- House Republicans take aim at food stamps some Democrats including those from Nevada try to fend them off
- How European Public Broadcasters Cash Crunch Affects Hollywood
- Southeast Asia e-tailer Lazada raises $100M in funding
- LinkedIn suffers site outage due to DNS issue
- Sony Shareholders Press CEO on Proposed Hollywood Sell-Off
- Microsoft Reverses Decision to Impose Restrictions on Used Games for Xbox One
- Independent Publishing Houses in Mexico Promote Democratization of Books at Annual Fair
- Young people more willing to pay for digital news report finds
- Digital Readers Unwilling To Pay Print Prices
- Newspapers OB office renovated
- Head of BH Media Group Speaks About Strength of Newspaper Industry
- US president plans talks with Russia on reducing nuclear weapons
- Afghanistan to shun US peace talks with Taliban
- Irish public support attack on U.S. president and family
- Kim Jong-un on 'luxury yacht' in North Korea
- Eight UN aid workers among 15 dead in Somalia militant attack
- UK watchdog says Lloyds must raise 8.6 billion pounds capital
- Couponers Share Saving Tips
- Life-saving catch made by daughter of ex-Yankee manager Joe Torre in Bay Ridge
- Five questions about Credit unions
- MarketWatch Options Trader In focus A volatile trading range
- Kosovo-Serbia deal makes little headway
- With optimism fading protests in Brazil place leaders on highest alert
- French EU-wariness complicates situation for President Hollande
- Pakistan pushes insurgence talks
- It’s a crime against women
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Taiwan Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Offices important part of cross-strait infrastructure president
- Irregular lifestyle blamed for skin aging
- U.S. dollar closes higher on Taipei forex
- Innovative designs to improve Taipei living
- Taiwan market HTC launches HTC Butterfly S and HTC Desire 600